First, understand that not all martial arts schools are the same. You should identify what you would like to gain from your training.
- Physical Fitness
- Spiritual Connection to Your Body
- Self Defense
- Stress Relief
- Mental Challenge
- A Personal Goal
Once you know what you are looking to gain, you should know a little about the style of martial arts that will suit your needs.
- Kung fu: fighting/forms with animal movements.
- Tai Chi: gaining power through inner peace.
- Judo: Throwing / leverage style.
- Karate: Empty handed combat style.
- Aikido: Using your opponent’s energy against them.
- Jujitsu: The gentle art of manipulation.
- Tae Kwon Do: The art of kicking and punching. Known as the most popular style in the world today